Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think you are right on the money m@!

Comment

This year...hiking boots and crampons...had to walk up in worn out flat bottomed tennis sneakers...as usual though I had plenty of beer.
      Semper Ubi Sububi

Comment

Once again I find myself packing, and wishing I had a really nice "list" that was configurable based on weather and company and length of stay kinda stuff.

Come on you web geeks - get on it. Oh wait... that's me.

Something that I could tell who was coming, and would be smart enough to know that if Lego is coming, I must bring a frisbee. If it's gonna rain = bring a towel (I know, you should always travel with a towel). If it's gonna be sunny - bring sun scream: WHAM! I just remembered something I would have forgot.

M@
        Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

Originally posted by Skypilot
          This year...hiking boots and crampons...had to walk up in worn out flat bottomed tennis sneakers...as usual though I had plenty of beer.
          i think i saw you hiking up the trail this year. my friend thought you were insane, but i didn't think twice about it.
          Frigid Light Photography

Comment

Originally posted by davidhowland14
            i think i saw you hiking up the trail this year. my friend thought you were insane, but i didn't think twice about it.
            Nahhhh.... your friend's right .... he is insane! He's a Tuckermaniac!
            Carvé Diem!
            Energy follows thought

Comment

2 headlamps, isn't enough for three guys? What? I thought this was just going to take a couple of hours.
              More Snow Please?
              My Blog

Comment

Ok, here is a BIG ONE.

Just got back from Tux today..

At the notch Friday night my friend informed me he forgot HIS SKI BOOTS !

So he became my climbing partner, and camera man....

Wow, what a thing to forget.
                ~Say hello to the rug's topography, It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it~

Looking for a place to put your photos try BackcountryAgenda

Comment

Originally posted by NtrentT
                  At the notch Friday night my friend informed me he forgot HIS SKI BOOTS !
                  Carvé Diem!
                  Energy follows thought

Comment

Originally posted by M@ View Post
                    Reminds me of my "Bacon and Beer Theory" which states that if you bring bacon, the ability to cook it, and a keg of beer you can barter for everything else you need to spend a weekend at Tux. Obviously you can trade a couple beers for use of someone's skis+boots for a couple hours, but I posit that you could even find sleeping bag space, use of a digital camera, cell phone to call home and lots of other wonderful food to trade for... and other stuff... and trade it all for bacon and beer.

M@
                    Sounds like Oscar Mayer has the same idea: http://www.baconbarter.com/

M@
                    Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

Trades

May 2008, ran into a group (squad) of marines at Tucks. Traded some of my food for a not insignificant quantity of Jack Daniels.

Comment

Extra undershorts for those occassional "OH SCHITT" moments
                        Carvé Diem!
                        Energy follows thought

Comment

An extra cigar...one never knows whom one will meet.
                          Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

First time I went to Tux it was for sledding and we forgot to take the Sherbie down instead of Tux trail. Heavily laden sled hit a tree. It was my dad's fault. I still haven't seen a replacement, 24 years later. (wtb orange sled that's super fast, not like these wimpy sleds they make now)

First time I skied Tux we forgot that cross-country skis wouldn't work so good in left gully. Used em anyway.

Second time, forgot my poles. /facepalm

One time I saw a guy do the headwall on an ironing board. Pretty sure he forgot his laundry and iron though.
                            -Fighting against guys like Ted Ligety since 1982

Comment

Forgot my shell jacket and shell pants....discovered it after driving to the Chich Chocs and waking up next day to load the day pack for Day One of eight days. Horrified, I drove up to Ste Annne du Mont, 42 kilometers North from Camping du Mont Albert, and scored some get-by/make-do quality gear. It was warm, so my softshell jeans were enough, but the jacket came in very handy! Insulated safety reflectorized bib-pants and nice, micro-fleece lined, shell jacket for 91CAD together. Very lucky, each was the last in my size.

Checklist from now on!
                              Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Sun glasses!! Luckily I was in an AIARE 1 class and another guy had a pair at the trailhead and let me borrow for the day!
                                Skiing to live, Living to ski.

Comment

Working...
                                X