Old timer looking to return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old timer looking to return

I hope I've picked the right category. I used to come to Tuckerman to ski a few days every year from '94 to 2000 or so, & then a trip with my nephews in 2012. Since we're about 12 hours drive, we usually camp 3 nights.

Now that my sons are old enough, I'd really like to head up this year with them. I'm thinking of May 24-27. With the cold spring we're having, it seems like the avalanche risk is persisting longer than usual. How likely is it to be reasonable by then?

Higly unlikely Avalanches will be a threat. Falling skiers, rock, ice may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat in January View Post
      Higly unlikely Avalanches will be a threat. Falling skiers, rock, ice may be.
      What he said!

If the Auto Road is open, we will be slackfesting on the East Snowfields. That involves BBQ, skis or snowboards and hopefully a lot of sunscreen.
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Thanks! Just wanted to confirm that camping is still first-come-first-serve with no way to make reservations?

I assume it will be busy on that weekend since it's a holiday but probably available if we show up Thursday morning? I'm trying to figure if we can possibly come the weekend before when it would be less busy.

Comment

Originally posted by tturkstra View Post
          Thanks! Just wanted to confirm that camping is still first-come-first-serve with no way to make reservations?
          Probably best to call Pinkham Notch Visitor Center to confirm the policy. I believe first-come-first-served is a permanent policy.

Comment

searching on-line for the number was not successful. Do you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by tturkstra View Post
              searching on-line for the number was not successful. Do you have it?
              https://www.outdoors.org/about/amc-contact

White Mountains Trail Information and Weather, 603-466-2721, AMCPinkhamInfo@outdoors.org. AMCConservation, AMCconservation@outdoors.org. AMC Outdoors magazine, Magazine Contact ... Joe Dodge Lodge & Pinkham Notch Visitor Center. P.O. Box 298 361 Route 16. Gorham, NH 03581. Phone: 603-466-2721

Comment

Working...
              X