Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there's more......

Comment

Please let it rest. Please also note the first post in the thread.
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Originally posted by RR View Post
        Please let it rest. Please also note the first post in the thread.
        Phew! Now I can sleep!😄. Pretty dang good net gains up high!

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post

Phew! Now I can sleep!😄. Pretty dang good net gains up high!

Those old photos are great. If only we still got that kind of snow, pretty sad how we angle for dribs and drabs.

Comment

Originally posted by apingaut View Post

Those old photos are great. If only we still got that kind of snow, pretty sad how we angle for dribs and drabs.
            Totally. The last fat Easties late May-mid June was 2008. Since then it's been lean town for Otto opening. Airplane has been fat most openings tho from what I remember. And of course it's gonna be Africa hot this week following the 2-3 feet of snow the mountain is receiving since yesterday.

Comment

As of 12:44PM May 17. 2017
              The Mt Washington Auto Road is currently open to TREELINE, 4.5 miles up at 4,200 for all regularly-allowed vehicles, including motorcycles from 9:00am - 4pm. Due to the famously changeable weather and limited parking, there is no hiking up from the turn around point.

With cooperating weather, we hope to open to the summit for passenger vehicles later this week!

Comment

Image picked from MWO yesterday's web cam video:

Comment

Unfortunately it's gonna look a whole lot different come the weekend

Comment

The hot weather has eased and we are back to seasonably cool weather. There will be intermittent rain showers during next week, but it looks like a hearty slacking season on Mount Washington.
                    The good people of the Mt Washington Auto Road have done their annually awesome job removing millions of tons of ice and snow*.
                    The Mt. Washington Auto Road is currently OPEN to all regularly allowed passenger vehicles and motorcycles to the SUMMIT
                    * The road will temporarily close June 6 & 7 for repaving.

Here's a webcam shot from this morning followed by one from the 8th:

Last edited by RR; 05-20-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I was up there today. It's melting fast...

Comment

Originally posted by apingaut View Post
                        I was up there today. It's melting fast...
                        Did you see the SKI THE WHITES schill it crew up there? Lol what a friggin abomination.

Comment

Did you see the SKI THE WHITES schill it crew up there? Lol what a friggin abomination.
                          Apparently, they didn't get the memo (http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/drone). Thankfully, I think they filmed Saturday as I didn't see any drones on Sunday. I'd prefer not to be buzzed by drones while skiing.

I agree with aplingaut that it is going fast but I was very happy with the coverage this past Sunday. Memorial Day weekend shouldn't be a problem but it will definitely narrow and shorten up a bit by then.
                          -Steve

TheSnowWay.com
                          "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Comment

Originally posted by riverc0il View Post
                            Apparently, they didn't get the memo (http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/drone). Thankfully, I think they filmed Saturday as I didn't see any drones on Sunday. I'd prefer not to be buzzed by drones while skiing.

I agree with aplingaut that it is going fast but I was very happy with the coverage this past Sunday. Memorial Day weekend shouldn't be a problem but it will definitely narrow and shorten up a bit by then.
                            Glad you got up there and scored! Almost went up Sunday, even had skis freshly waxed and in the car, but the invite to ride a whole new area won so the bike it was, but had Saturday been a rainy inclement day......

Ugh SKI THE WHITES. Jeesh between that new order and GBA, the whites are becoming louder and more unappealing by the second. They just don't get it. Drones and go pro's lol good gawd🙄

Comment

Glad you got up there and scored! Almost went up Sunday, even had skis freshly waxed and in the car, but the invite to ride a whole new area won so the bike it was, but had Saturday been a rainy inclement day......

Ugh SKI THE WHITES. Jeesh between that new order and GBA, the whites are becoming louder and more unappealing by the second. They just don't get it. Drones and go pro's lol good gawd🙄

I dont mind the GoPros, I have one myself... they take much better footage though when not on your head instead used like a regular camera.

Drones? No thanks! Keep those out of the WMNF. People don't realize how loud and annoying they are until you are actually near one... Sounds like a chainsaw.

Also, I don't want this to happen to me while schussing down AG:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeviAWB0i4Y

Skiing to live, Living to ski.

Comment

Working...
                              X