T4T Fall Camping Trip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit:

how about october 25/26? works for us, and it should be peak, peak foliage, which seems to occur right around halloween.

Comment

Sounds poifect!
      Oct 25-26 it is!
      Any 2nds? Or orher suggestions?
      Carvé Diem!
      Energy follows thought

Comment

Not sure if M@ is going... but if he does, he might want to bring one of these (we all know he loves duct tape!)

http://www.ducttapecamper.com
        Dave - TFT Founder, Administrator & Tuck's Junky

Comment

Nice camper!
          If anyone wants to wear matching pants....
          http://www.ducttapeguys.com/fashion/fashion4.html

Now that we have a date set, how about location? I have started looking for campgrounds close to rock climbing and hiking and lake areas but looks like many close by Columbus weekend at the latest. I will keep looking though. I get the impression that Lake George appeals to most here?
          --
          "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Comment

location depends on who can show up, I think. I'd like to hear some more people confirm on the date.

Comment

Originally posted by yuckster View Post
              location depends on who can show up, I think. I'd like to hear some more people confirm on the date.
              I agree with the Yuckster. We need more input.
              Carvé Diem!
              Energy follows thought

Comment

I put it on the Calendar. I'd put me in the 27.5% range right now. Might be a little cold to bring the kids camping, and if so then maybe I can apply for a pass for the weekend.

This information doesn't help you pick a location at all I'm afraid.

Actually - If we can get it somewhere near Bow, NH I can bring the whole fam and if it's too cold they can scamper back to the homestead for sleeping.

Maybe somewhere near Bow and Sunapee?
                Windlow?
                Rollins?
                Ragged?
                Greenfield?

Or maybe Sunapee itself... there's camping there right? PWDR8S?

M@
                Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

So, Oct 25-26th Mt.Sunapee is that right?

P8's I haven't forgot about you.
                  ~Say hello to the rug's topography, It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it~

Looking for a place to put your photos try BackcountryAgenda

Comment

I may be able to join you all after a work day at MRG on Saturday Oct 25th and stay Saturday night.

More later
                    Last edited by RR; 09-19-2008, 11:28 AM.
                    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lisa View Post
                      I get the impression that Lake George appeals to most here?
                      Too late for most of the Lake George activities, like swimmin, water skiing, udder crap like dat.

Yours truly is about 6% as I'll be using my work / GF hall pass the week before to go on a surfing & fishing trip to San Diego and Baja Norte to catch the early winter swell and feed my tuna jones that's killing me. Hells yeah!
                      Dogs' lives are too short . . . Their only fault, really. Agnes Sligh Turnbull

Comment

I'm back from deep Brazil.... Whew! Anyways. I'm camping at Mt Sunapee on the 19th-21st (Fri-Sun) ~campsite #2 .... Already paid and committed(or at least should be committed )

Other times for camping might be an for me... a lot depends on what I need to get done before hitting Himalayas at the end of the month.
                        Carvé Diem!
                        Energy follows thought

Comment

8's:
                          So are you still in on the 25-26?

Lake George is the place?
                          ~Say hello to the rug's topography, It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it~

Looking for a place to put your photos try BackcountryAgenda

Comment

I might be "on leave" the wknd of the 20th. If so I might be dropping by campsite #2 on Saturday. Bring goggles.

M@
                            Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

Think I already have mine on.... ......

OK I'm up on Mt Sunapee Sept 19-21st... Daytime fun will likely be hiking up on and around the mtn... evenings... Although I am supposedly "sleeping" at my reserved site #2 I may be likely hanging at campsite #10 enjoying a party. Ring my celly if you're in da hood or planning to come up/down/all zee vay around. PM if you want the #.

As for Oct 25-26th... I'm up in the air... I will have just come back from 3wks in Nepal(rtn on the 21st) and likely to have tons of stuff that may need addressing around here. That may have to take a wait and see approach.

Carvé Diem!
                              Energy follows thought

Comment

Yar, this trip be planned for games 3 & 4 of the World Series.

M@
                                Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

Working...
                                X