Splitting up with Aggie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting up with Aggie.

Well the Snow Gods were favorable to us down here in York Maine. Saturday into the night it snowed. 7 inches of the White fluffy stuff blanketed the previous 2 inch crust, 3 inch powder from Thursday. Woke up early...hungry, I was going to eat this 3 layer Agamenticus pie for breakfast! What a fitting day too for the maiden voyage of my homemade split board….I call her Liberty. She is pretty. After some coffee, I started in the base parking lot and skinned up the Ring Trail to Blueberry Bluff and reached the Summit in no time.

Weather was perfect, snow was perfect and I was dazed with how well those fat skis motored uphill! Chug, chug chug. Saw three other boarders at the top who hiked up the road…..barf. They said the conditions were bony on the ski trails and went back down the way I came. Luckily they didn’t get into my stashes, and I had some great fresh (rock less) tracks down one of the old ski runs. The split behaved like my solid board, felt great, turned great.

Transition time from Ski mode to having the board strapped on and ready to ride was eight minutes, but I know with some more practice it will get quicker. Skinned and scouted back up a different trail, and did one more run down.

Back up over the Summit of Aggie and boarded down back to the car though the open trees. What a great Day! …and Liberty, my new girlfriend is Awesome!

Toddski Out
    Last edited by Toddski; 01-09-2005, 05:38 PM.

Rock on! Great trip report. It finally time to get out in BC here in southern Maine. Bradbury Mt. is my next short trip.
    I don't do drugs, I am drugs. --Salvador Dali

Comment

The third pic is especially awesome.

Comment

Scha-weet. Wanted to hit some this morning, but playing the the snow yesterday I found 4 inches on top of ice in the backyard... so I made the no-go decision.

M@
        Skiing Naked is Fine

Comment

Nice TR!

Originally posted by Justin
          Rock on! Great trip report. It finally time to get out in BC here in southern Maine. Bradbury Mt. is my next short trip.
          Olivia and I ran laps on Bradbury on Saturday -- sweet conditions, not too many rocks, plenty of turns!

Comment

NICE!!!!

Glad to see someone getting a little Split BC!!!!!
            Congrats on the new Girl.
            www.somebrewingco.com

Comment

Righteous!
              Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Originally posted by TenSeven
                The third pic is especially awesome.
                Agreed! Sweet turns, sweet pow-pow!

It's a shame you had to stop for pix! Lurker's gain, eh!

Steve
                Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
                --Oscar Wilde

Comment

Nice TR! Good going!

Comment

Working...
                  X