Cortina backcountry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortina backcountry

In the absence of local reports, and in order to keep the forum and the stoke going, here are some photos from our trip to Cortina D'Ampezzo from last week. We did one day with the guide and couple days exploring safer options in the sidecountry. Not a lot of snowfall by their standards, but still a lot of options to ski untouched snow. Great and endless terrain, beautiful scenery.
    Also, need to do a plug for the guiding service we used - dolomitiskirock.com. We were lucky to be guided by one of the co-owners Paolo. He was absolutely the best guide we ever had! The phrase of the day from him: "You are safe enough there".
    https://www.dolomitiskirock.com/sp/en/home.3sp

Here is to the good second half of our season! Looks like it's getting much better!
    Last edited by concordia2; 03-12-2018, 08:34 PM.

Sounds like a great trip! I wish I could see the photos. I click the links and nothing happens.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post
      Sounds like a great trip! I wish I could see the photos. I click the links and nothing happens.🤔
      Hmm... I tried in Google Chrome and from my phone and both work. However, IE does not show the pics. I'll see if i can fix.

Comment

Try this link to the Google photo album:
        https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...M1cUtPMTctb21B
        I added some more pics and videos there too.

Comment

Originally posted by concordia2 View Post
          Try this link to the Google photo album:
          https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...M1cUtPMTctb21B
          I added some more pics and videos there too.

Thanks, Wow that looks awesome. So many great places to visit. What made you think of going there?

The google link worked perfect. The link for the embedded photos some how comes up with "permission denied"

Comment

Wow looks great and very nice choice of destination👍

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

What made you think of going there?
              Actually, I did not select it, extended family members did. Their reasoning - they haven't been there yet. We haven't been pretty much anywhere so I had no problem with this place. I knew of course that this is a world class ski destination. That was sure good enough. For my wife the selling point was that we would fly in/out of Venice.

Comment

I think I fixed the pictures in the original post, but you tell me

Comment

Actually, I did not select it, extended family members did. Their reasoning - they haven't been there yet. We haven't been pretty much anywhere so I had no problem with this place. I knew of course that this is a world class ski destination. That was sure good enough. For my wife the selling point was that we would fly in/out of Venice.
                  Happiness and domestic tranquility are vital.
                  Nice report.
                  Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

it's nice when it works out like that. thanks for adding a place to the "to visit" list....

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

thanks for adding a place to the "to visit" list....
                      So many places, so little time...

Comment

Working...
                      X