Coppermine 12/28/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coppermine 12/28/17

Started out at 10:30. Chilly-20 with NW breeze. Excellent base with several tracks. Skinned about 30 minutes. A group of 5 skiiers hiked passed me I think heading to bridal veil. Just passed the sign a single set of tracks went left up locals on fresh 10 inches. My plan was to get above bridal veil for.some recon but went too far north to HH woods. The low angle glade's we're skiable with some dangers lurking. Was fun and skiied back via xc trails. Sorry for lack of pics can't figure out how to reformat the file size. Anyway Lucy probably needs 2 ft to be skiable.

How was the cover? The up/left you saw that may be the round about way to Tuckerbrook.

Comment

Cover in the area was nearly ready two weeks ago. The rain and snow since will have set a nice base above 1500 feet. Below that there will be a few rocks to avoid.

Could have followed the 5 for an interesting result. Maybe if it was just to run the full length of the old CCC Coppermine Ski Trail. Likely it was for something else.

BTW: You can reach the top of the CST on Tuckerbrook by skinning to the end of the long traverse of the T-brook (elevation @2800') and looking for the tunnel entry at climber's right about 90 yards uphill from the Southern end of the traverse.
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Like. RR said cover is set up nicely. The skin track is free of hazards. Off trail is skiable with usual hazards lurking. Another foot of snow is all the low angle glades need but steeper pitch could use 2 feet. In the past I've skied from bottom of 13 turns over to that left uphill on coppermine. But I missed getting above the falls to Lucy. The right uphill just over the bridge is fairly steep that's why I'm looking to go left and get above the falls. Until next time. Cheers and happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by RR View Post
          Could have followed the 5 for an interesting result. Maybe if it was just to run the full length of the old CCC Coppermine Ski Trail. Likely it was for something else.
          No ski/skin track ever leads anywhere interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

So? You won't be along for the next wander?
            Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

Too late.

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post

Too late.
                Hey I can hope : )

Comment

Haha😎

Comment

Working...
                  X