From Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Friday

Nice!! How did the legs feel setting that first boot track?
    "It's not an adventure without some waist deep post holing"-Boog

Comment

Booting was very easy. It was all tamped down styrofoam avy base with light density pow on top. Great snow for turns. No ice or hard snow. Higher up towards the top of the Christmas tree below the big fork things got a little bit dynamic/interesting/concerning. "Scary moderate" up there haha.

Comment

Wow photos. Not only are there photos but they look professional.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post
          Wow photos. Not only are there photos but they look professional.
          Yeah well they were taken by a pro photographer. His camera and lens were much much bigger than my phone lol.

Comment

How was the cover on the Sherburne? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwarrior View Post
              How was the cover on the Sherburne? Appreciate any info. Thanks.
              Coverage on both the tux trail and the sherburne was decent. Tux trail still had some open water in the usual early season spots where the small streams cross the trail, but they were easy to negotiate on skis. Sherburne had better cover than expected quite honestly. I did two full laps on the sherburne along with a couple laps in the gully and I only clipped one rock on the 1st sherburne lap. It was dumplng snow so after playing up high for awhile I skied back down to Pinkham to have a yogurt and let the snow build up for the 2nd sherburne lap in the afternoon. Man that was a really good call. So surfy and smooth.👍

Comment

Sweet. Sooo jealous. Thanks for the intel !!

Comment

My pleasure! Quite a start to the season! Up to 80" for the month where the normal average for December is 45". I should be getting back up there this week. Will report back if I do.

Comment

Working...
                  X