pictures of of what is left 05/01/04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures of of what is left 05/01/04

Here arepictures of the snow from Sat. These should help anyone wondering how it looks up there.

Cliff

Last edited by 89jy; 05-02-2004, 10:57 PM.

Thanks! Actually the ravine looks like its holding up better than I expected.
    Dave - TFT Founder, Administrator & Tuck's Junky

Comment

Looked just the same on Sunday...nice pix!
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Great pixs, thanks for sharing. I agree with Dave: I'd feared worse.

Comment

There may be some decent snow left, but with all with all the crevasses, rock, bare spots, undermined snow, and ice/ice fall there are only a few skiable runs still holding up. Left Gulley, The Chute, a good portion of Chute V North/Center Gulley and almost all of the lower 2/3 of the bowl looked promising...
          That list turned out to be longer than i expected Anyways, my point is don't wait too much longer,
          GET UP THERE if you haven't yet!!

Comment

Not to r*** on any parades, but I read one report yesterday that expressed surprise at how good all the pictures from the weekend made it look given how marginal conditions were. Much of what shows up as "snow" in the pics is severely undermined. This correspondent also suggested that most pics circulating this week were shot on Saturday, and that substantial snow deterioration had occurred Saturday night. People even reported burying "treats" under the snow, then finding them scattered on the snow surface after a half-day. (Sounds like those kids that found your wine, Dave.)

Of course, this same guy suggested that by Mem. Day, there might only be the arch.

Comment

Originally posted by el-bagr
              Not to r*** on any parades, but I read one report yesterday that expressed surprise at how good all the pictures from the weekend made it look given how marginal conditions were. Much of what shows up as "snow" in the pics is severely undermined. This correspondent also suggested that most pics circulating this week were shot on Saturday, and that substantial snow deterioration had occurred Saturday night. People even reported burying "treats" under the snow, then finding them scattered on the snow surface after a half-day. (Sounds like those kids that found your wine, Dave.)

Of course, this same guy suggested that by Mem. Day, there might only be the arch.
              Sounds like a lot of PhotoShopping!

How can that much snow be lost in one evening? Was it a heat wave that night?

mmmm... Sunday treats (hic)
              Dave - TFT Founder, Administrator & Tuck's Junky

Comment

Originally posted by skicdave
                How can that much snow be lost in one evening? Was it a heat wave that night? mmmm... Sunday treats (hic)
                I found three Clydesdale Nests....not my choice, two tasty micros and I'm good...but, to each as they choose. What a great place for a cold one!
                Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Working...
                X