Hillman's 3/20/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillman's 3/20/12

Went up today and got some turns and watched the snow melt. Crazy how little is up there. Drove home around the north and west side, and got a little sad at the lack of snow in my view. Somebody turn the winter switch back on please?
    MY TR from my Blog
    Hillman’s Highway 3/20/12
    More Snow Please?
    My Blog

Nice! Hoping to get up there this weekend.
    "Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST."

Comment

ditto...hope there's snow!
      http://easternbackcountry.com | Twitter: @eastbackcountry

Comment

Originally posted by drewvw View Post
        ditto...hope there's snow!
        There should still be plenty of snow. It would be nice if we could get a night to drop below freezing to consolidate the snow. In addition to the heat, wet sluff and runnels are are ruining things faster than ususual.

Also one other side note. The ranger we talked to was really concerened about falling ice. He said there was a piece the size of a school bus about to come off near the lip, and that the sluice ice was gonnabe bombarding lunch rocks all week.
        More Snow Please?
        My Blog

Comment

Temps are reported to drop friday night so i am hoping itll help keep the snow around thru the weekend. ill be heading up sat morning and possibly staying at the shelters into sunday if anyone is interested. it sounds like HH, left Gully and GoS are still hanging in there alright but from the pics that were posted on the MW Avy site from tues it looks like the rest of the ravine is pretty trashed B

Comment

Probably a dumb question but is there any snow left on sherbies or is it a hike down at this point?

Comment

Was on Hillman's yesterday too, pretty nice skiing, I thought. Was able to ski 2/3 of the way down the Sherburn, then the rope's up. One spot of about 100 yds I had to walk in the middle. One more day around 80 today could shorten it a bit, too, but then things sound like they'll get cooler this weekend.

Great day to be up there!

Comment

According to reports, Sherbie is roped off halfway down.
                "Information is not knowledge
                Knowledge is not wisdom
                Wisdom is not truth
                Truth is not beauty
                Beauty is not love
                Love is not music
                Music is THE BEST."

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm heading up tomorrow and skiing sat. I can't believe the seasons winding down already and it's only march.

Comment

it's crazy

I can't believe it's March and I just rode my motorcycle to work. Twice. With warm weather gear.
                    Sponsored by Black Coffee and Breakfast Burritos.

Comment

Originally posted by RCL1 View Post
                      I can't believe it's March and I just rode my motorcycle to work. Twice. With warm weather gear.
                      Yup rode my bicycle to work yesterday in shorts and a jersey. First time that's happened in march.

Comment

A note on the sherbie is I was suprised how good it was up top compared to when it is usually closed down bottom. The upper half was still really good coverage on tuesday.
                        More Snow Please?
                        My Blog

Comment

Cool runnings mon!

Excellent views of the mountain
                          Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Working...
                          X