Slack Fest 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slack Fest 2011

Slack Fest is still going on till monday so get on it! I went up with my wife yesterday and visited for a bit and made a few turns. Heres my blog entry TR.
    Slack Fest 5/28/2011
    More Snow Please?
    My Blog

Looks like a little less coverage than last year. But still happy to see you guys are getting it!

Comment

nice work Emily and Jan!

Kinda late on Sunday night, so I can't say much. Another in and out day today, got a few pix, will get them up as soon as I can.
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Nice to meet some of the folks behind the posts!

Thanks to RR for organizing (and a few minutes of babysitting)!

We almost didn't make it past the parking lot, wind was intimidating to the small people:

Much better below:

Heading back... Hey kids, wait for daddy!

Comment

Gorgeous day, good company, beautiful snow AND a memorial ski race course. Who could ask for anything more on Memorial Day? Thanks for organizing it again, RR!
          -BG
          Is it snow time yet?

Comment

Looks like the best day of the three. Excellent weekend!
            "Information is not knowledge
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music
            Music is THE BEST."

Comment

The kids are great Andy...nice work daddio!

It was a fine day indeed. A little sunburn, sweet slurpie skiing...

Random cool happening:
              When I finally pulled up stakes (slalom gate poles, thanks for the help Greg) and made it back to the car, I met a gent who served in the 10th Mountain Division. He and family were exploring, being newly located in NE. Figures a mountain trooper would seek the peak, as it were.

We had a very nice chat...who knows maybe we will meet again next Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Thanks Rob for being the Mayor of Slackfest once again. Monica and I had a fine time, enjoying the limited but sufficient snow cover, the non-race course, the sunshine, and fine company.

Some Photos:

Rob headed towards the snow

Rob setting up the gates

Getting my turns

Andrew, age 7 - who has been skiing on Memorial day the last 4 years

Monica running the gates

Climbing the boot ladder

Bladeguy and Windy

Hizzonor

A well used course

Hiking back to the cars

Comment

Andrew, age 7 - who has been skiing on Memorial day the last 4 years

Now there's some great form and concentration!

Comment

Andrew was the first to ski the course this year. Pizza and French Fries!

Comment

Glad to see the T4Ters having fun! How long was that snow patch? Is the Bowl still skiable? GG?

Comment

At the start of the weekend there was 159' of vert. By Monday we were probably closer to 145' and melting fast. People were skiing some runs in the GG but I didn't talk to any of them myself. I heard reports of up to 800' but not sure which runs.

Comment

Great pics everyone!
                          Skiing to live, Living to ski.

Comment

Super photos Dave!

I agree with Dave's vert assessment...I checked it on Saturday with my GPS.

more trivia...in line with the gas usage readout photo of M's Priius...I'll guarantee my Forester did quite a bit worse on the way up

Gas mileage achieved by my 100,780 miles young Forester, with a box on top and window open enough to evacuate cigar smoke, between the Cumby in Gorham, NH and the Irving on Salem St in Wakefield MA = 27.742 MPG.

I plan to work on my part of the TR tonight.

Comment

blue balled

this whole slackfest deal has been really built up (like bordering on insanity)
                              for all of 150' of vert.

hopefully for your sake and the intertoob worlds sake, ma nature will have the fields filled in proper fashion next year, or maybe slackfest should be moved to the otto roads 1st opening weekend instead of waiting till most of the good skiing is already gone.

just some thoughts, way to celebrate!

rog

Comment

Working...
                              X