10-18-10 Tuxoburrrr!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-18-10 Tuxoburrrr!!

Cold windy day, with snow flurries, old man winter was doing his thing!!
    Sno'n'blow!! Was hoping for deeper drifts but most of the bowl is very low on snow but high for octo.18th!!
    The only ski marks I saw was on the lower part of center to the run off..
    Started poking around and going up to center headwall under cliffs, snow here was crusty, so I continued to search for some pow!!
    I moved to the left and found some soft-dense pow on lower halves of chute variation and chute..
    So I climbed up chute until the choke, above this point isn't filled in yet..
    Skiers left had about a 10 ft. wide strip, that was 2-3 feet deep of some dense,silky smooth snow!!
    Transitioned on a rock, while I transitioned it occurred to me, what a strange locale for my season's 1st turns?? and that I might be rusty and this line was def. no fall (exposed big rocks below)
    I did some quick jumpturns (that snow was mmmm good), then traversed over to lower chute variation, hiked up that and made some very fun turns in very good snow
    Then off to the highest pt. on center, under cliffs, this run had low cover(rocks and twigs a pokin) and crusty snow=survival turns..
    anyways I won't be back until new snow, I'm thinkin LG might be almost T2B after some more white!!

here's a slide show from my outings this past week, Tux is last but I encourage peeps to watch the whole thing!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by natron; 10-18-2010, 10:46 PM.

in the word's of Eric Clapton (who was speaking in the word's of J. J. Cale), "it's what it is all about... it's what it is all about!"

nicely done Nate. This has been a fall to remember no doubt!

Wish we could have met up today. soon dude. soon
    I am downwind.

Comment

way to get it nate...here's to more snow on the rockpile.
      http://easternbackcountry.com | Twitter: @eastbackcountry

Comment

drew+ greg

thanx guys!!
        the 1st day out is always special and today was no exception and will prolly. go down as one of my most memorable 1st days ever..

Comment

Yeh Baby!!!
          Nice job gettin' the goods.

Cheers to more to come.
          Free your Heel, ski for Real

Comment

Snow Pix

Nicely assembled! Looks like you nabbed a hike over North And South Tripyramid?
            Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

man, you've been busy - nice slide show and ending!

Comment

sure did!!

Originally posted by RR View Post
                Looks like you nabbed a hike over North And South Tripyramid?
                my first time in that environ, I gained a lot of respect for the southern whites that day.. Def. planning a warm march day for a n.slide slide!!

Comment

Originally posted by natron View Post
                  my first time in that environ, I gained a lot of respect for the southern whites that day.. Def. planning a warm march day for a n.slide slide!!
                  Late Feb is the time on North Slide.

PM
                  Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

wow.. RR..

small window for a slide that faces nw.. I'll def. keep that in mind..
                    thanx, PM when it's time!!

Comment

nice job man, way to get after it!
                      Ohhh, they have the internet on computers now?!?!

Comment

Thanks for the stoke. Def vid chops for dialing the feeling. Can't wait to play hooky and get some sanity back.
                        Forget the toys. He who dies having had the most fun wins.

Comment

steve

if it's snowing thurs. up high I'm going back.. either tux or another option..pm me if ur interested..

Comment

at this point I just want enough snow around pinkham so I can muck around on my rugged touring setup. Still rehabbing...
                            http://easternbackcountry.com | Twitter: @eastbackcountry

Comment

snow @ pinkham...

Originally posted by drewvw View Post
                              at this point I just want enough snow around pinkham so I can muck around on my rugged touring setup. Still rehabbing...
                              That's what I was thinking about the whole hike down. more snow @ pinkham!!! Once the sherb gets 6+ inches tux will be soooooooo much better!! Since it was a$$ cold @ 7:45a. when I got there, I decided to lace up my boarding boots and leave my hikers in the car.. reasoning didn't want to change out in 20 degree temps with blustery winds and cut down on weight, since it was my first day in awhile with a weighted pack.. Big mistake, should've changed out @hojos would've saved time both ways and better comfort.. Keep up the rehabbing Drew, you'll be making turns soon enough..

Comment

Working...
                              X