2019 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest

Looks hopeful for a another 30 gate slalom this year.

Lawn furniture, coolers, grills, Slackfest is happening on the Northeast Snowfield, all three days of Memorial Day weekend (if the Auto Road is open)
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Originally posted by rr View Post
    looks hopeful for a another 30 gate slalom this year.

lawn furniture, coolers, grills, slackfest is happening on the EAST snowfield, all three days of memorial day weekend (if the auto road is open)
    fify...

Comment

Hi does anyone know what the coverage may be like come Memorial Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Green bean View Post
        Hi does anyone know what the coverage may be like come Memorial Day?
        Yes. Approximately 436 vertical feet of skiing down the gut with the upper skiers right patch disconnected just barely.

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post

Yes. Approximately 436 vertical feet of skiing down the gut with the upper skiers right patch disconnected just barely.
          Sounds good I swore I would never drive up that road but if itís nice I may have to.

Comment

Itís a unique experience. I love it. If the road opens for the public memo day weekend and the weather is nice Iíll prolly be up on the East snowfields with my better half.

Comment

And with the new snow and seasonably cool temps we may hafta add 100 +- feet of vert to that 436.🙂

Comment

Sounds good I swore I would never drive up that road but if it’s nice I may have to.
                Just think of it as an access road to a ski area that you are earning turns at late season after the lifts have closed. Just this access road is really long and has a toll.
                -Steve

TheSnowWay.com
                "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Comment

Originally posted by riverc0il View Post
                  Just think of it as an access road to a ski area that you are earning turns at late season after the lifts have closed. Just this access road is really long and has a toll.
                  I know itís just I hear it beats the **** out of your vehicle so Iíve always either hiked or taken the cog. But I donít think they would appreciate me taking a grill and skis on the cog

Comment

Hey guys one last question. Where do you park to access the snow fields?

Comment

Hey guys one last question. Where do you park to access the snow fields?
                      Three choices: closest the 6-7 car pullout parking at 6092 feet. It between the Air Force lot, at 6012 feet, and the general Summit lots, at or above 6199 feet. Look at the lots on satellite view sites like Google Earth to see where they are. I listed the lots in the order of desireability. You will be in the summit lots if you are not one of the first 50 slacker cars

Comment

Slackers Alert: "Mother Nature always gets her way and we battle the weather every day. We have been unable to open in May due to a snowy and wet Spring. Our scheduled opening is Saturday, May 25th for both Drive Yourself and Guided Tours."

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n277090[/ATTACH] As of 8:45 this morning, the blob is still connected....looking good for this year's BBQ and Slackfest.

Comment

what time does the auto road open?

Comment

Depends on the weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X