Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle season 2018

It's all "wheeling".

No change to my road machine and I've managed get a number of rides in.

After last fall's last ride, the HiFi went in for an overhaul and conversion to tubeless. Since then it remained hanging from the rafters. Finally, the MTB trails around here are drying; I was looking forward to my first tubless ride the other day. Reality checks showed up all too soon, in the form of six downed trees blocking favorite trails in the first couple of miles. Here's the first:
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

I try to tell myself that all the downed trees on our local trails from this years noreasters are a reminder it is all about the adventure and additional exercise...and better stretching movements for the hips. Again this is what I try to tell myself when maneuvering around these new "speed bumps" on the perpetual road of adventure.

Comment

We aren't riding where re-routes work all that well. I went back to deal with 4 of the problems and get started on the monster in the photo. The 40v chainsaw died so I went home for the 22" handsaw and the axe. One more session to drop it and roll it aside. Bdeats going to tthe gym, where they don't let me smoke cigars......

Comment

Took a goodish while, but monster #1 is clear

The saw gets a cleaning and I get a brew. The saw blade is 22".

Comment

Grabbed my pack of tools and rode the bike to a chest to face high trail bolcker and went to work. Cleared and rolled aside, thanks and great praise to Archimedes.

Comment

Working...
          X