Running Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Man

By 2017 the world economy has collapsed, food, natural resources and oil are in short supply. A police state, divided into paramilitary zones, rules with an iron hand. ...
    Last edited by RR; 03-22-2017, 07:54 PM.
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Funny how no one has stolen that idea for a TV show...

Comment

IT IS a TV show, and we are all starring in it!
      I just wonder what triggered Rob to write that? In this forum?! What kind of a bad day is he having? You ok Rob?

Comment

Originally posted by concordia2 View Post
        IT IS a TV show, and we are all starring in it!
        I just wonder what triggered Rob to write that? In this forum?! What kind of a bad day is he having? You ok Rob?
        It is the beginning of the on-screen intro text to to the 1987 movie The Running Man. I rewatched it while I was riding the indoor bike yersterday...funny to read it and realise that this is 2017 and while we aren't mining Mars some of the rest is spooky-close to what we have. Art is funny like that....

My copy is the Special Edition put out by Artisan not too long after the Patriot Act was passed. There are mini-documentaries, one in Special features on the prime disc and more on the second disc. The prime doc is about the Patriot Act being destructive of Liberty and The Constitution.

And..yes! We are the stars in our own reality show. Marge Piercy predicted TV as the new Opium (for the masses) in her 1970 novel, Dance the Eagle to Sleep. Spoiler, that didn't work.
        Last edited by RR; 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM.
        Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

ahh... I'm not good with cultural references. It is spooky! Let's go skiing to get away from all this! And while we have winter(s)

Comment

Working...
          X