Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avy fatality 4-11-19

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIxTQuhvob/

Raymondís is no joke. Yesterdayís avy forecast was spot on for east aspect wind loading. Assuming the guy came in from the side or above from LH that top rollover can be very unforgiving into one of the worst terrain traps in the range. My pic from years back. Climbing it to scope the potential hazards. Leaving some space for my leading partner. RIP.

Comment

There were also a number of avalanches triggered in Oaks yesterday - no one hurt.
      StoneMan

Comment

Yowzers

Comment

His tracks as approaching the crown were short radius turns, looked liked he slowed down...and approached from skiers left down the gully. His turns looked to turn into the slide (high crown point) as it probably broke

Comment

Originally posted by jofalc123 View Post
            His tracks as approaching the crown were short radius turns, looked liked he slowed down...and approached from skiers left down the gully. His turns looked to turn into the slide (high crown point) as it probably broke
            Yup saw that. Where he approached tends to be scoured out and half piped/gullied out and it would make sense that heíd carefully short swing his way that way especially if heís familiar with the lay of the land up there. But then......that rollover gets so fat and convexed.

Comment

Damnit. Super sad. RIP, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob T View Post
                Damnit. Super sad. RIP, brother.
                Tragic. Still, no one has ever been rescued from a full burial on George. Ever. 😳

Comment

Originally posted by stoneman View Post
                  There were also a number of avalanches triggered in Oaks yesterday - no one hurt.
                  https://northeastalpinestart.com/201...anche-4-11-19/

Good write up by Dave. Low angle terrain attached enough to higher angle terrain.

Comment

My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.

Comment

My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.
                      Wow, so sorry for your loss.🙏🏻

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston....er-buried/amp/

☹️

Comment

oh man. ya that is. so sad.

Comment

Sad news made worse. Best wishes for all his friends and family.
                            Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

https://mountwashingtonavalanchecent...mond-cataract/

Comment

Working...
                              X