Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avy fatality 4-11-19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Avy fatality 4-11-19

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIxTQuhvob/

  • #2
    Raymondís is no joke. Yesterdayís avy forecast was spot on for east aspect wind loading. Assuming the guy came in from the side or above from LH that top rollover can be very unforgiving into one of the worst terrain traps in the range. My pic from years back. Climbing it to scope the potential hazards. Leaving some space for my leading partner. RIP.

    Comment


    • #3
      There were also a number of avalanches triggered in Oaks yesterday - no one hurt.
      StoneMan

      Comment


      • #4
        Yowzers

        Comment


        • #5
          His tracks as approaching the crown were short radius turns, looked liked he slowed down...and approached from skiers left down the gully. His turns looked to turn into the slide (high crown point) as it probably broke

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jofalc123 View Post
            His tracks as approaching the crown were short radius turns, looked liked he slowed down...and approached from skiers left down the gully. His turns looked to turn into the slide (high crown point) as it probably broke
            Yup saw that. Where he approached tends to be scoured out and half piped/gullied out and it would make sense that heíd carefully short swing his way that way especially if heís familiar with the lay of the land up there. But then......that rollover gets so fat and convexed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Damnit. Super sad. RIP, brother.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bob T View Post
                Damnit. Super sad. RIP, brother.
                Tragic. Still, no one has ever been rescued from a full burial on George. Ever. 😳

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stoneman View Post
                  There were also a number of avalanches triggered in Oaks yesterday - no one hurt.
                  https://northeastalpinestart.com/201...anche-4-11-19/

                  Good write up by Dave. Low angle terrain attached enough to higher angle terrain.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jofalc123 View Post
                      My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.
                      Wow, so sorry for your loss.🙏🏻

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston....er-buried/amp/

                        ☹️

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jofalc123 View Post
                          My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.
                          oh man. ya that is. so sad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jofalc123 View Post
                            My worst fears were just realized. He was a ski partner of mine and a tremendously humble and extraordinary person.
                            Sad news made worse. Best wishes for all his friends and family.
                            Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              https://mountwashingtonavalanchecent...mond-cataract/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X