Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol

https://www.outdoors.org/articles/gl...untry-alliance

Ok, I'll bite. What so funny about this article? If anything, I thought it should make you sad!
    Thank you for promoting GBA though. Not that it needs it on this forum - all 10 readers here know about it.

Comment

I’ll get back to you inabit 🍻

Comment

Originally posted by concordia2 View Post
        Ok, I'll bite. What so funny about this article? If anything, I thought it should make you sad!
        Thank you for promoting GBA though. Not that it needs it on this forum - all 10 readers here know about it.
        The whole scene they are creating is lol man. Let’s see, GBA claims to provide a “sign-less” BC experience yet they “pave paradise and put up a parking lot”. With a sign, with a kiosk, with maps, with blue blaze trail markers leading you up the glades so that you go the right way.

Then they blast on “guerrilla” glade cutting to make themselves look all high and mighty while touting their “ski free or die” message. Guess what guys, what yer doing ain’t free. Collecting membership money and donations isn’t free. “Guerrilla” glade cutting is ski free or die.

As a longtime BC skier I just don’t get the motivation to want to jam pack as many folks as possible into our hills. BC skiing was never about that aside from spring tucks.

Then they’re spreading this message about “no trail conditions reports, blah blah for their glades. Why do they even need to say that? So weird.

Comment

“If you value peaceful moments of bliss in the backcountry, pay it forward” lol yeah money money money, memberships, donations.

The true backcountry is there. It’s always been there. Go get it. It’s free. GBA “backcountry” ain’t free.

Comment

NOW THAT WE'RE DOWN TO ONLY 10 READERS, IT'S PRACTICALLY A PRIVATE GROUP - CAN WE FINALLY TALK ABOUT THE "“Guerrilla” glade cutting"? WHERE IS THIS, AND HOW CAN i GET IN ON IT? WHO EXACTLY IS DOING THIS "“Guerrilla” glade cutting"? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE GUERRILLA GLADES FOR 30 YEARS. DAVID GOODMAN WOULDN'T TELL ME WHERE THEY WERE THEN, AND GBA STILL WON'T TELL ME, NOW. I KNOW ROG ISN'T GOING TO POST A MAP OR GPS COORDS, BUT MAYBE A LANDMARK? "TURN LEFT, BETWEEN A CROOKED PINE TREE AND BIG ROCK"... I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THAT GLADE.
            "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Lftgly View Post
              NOW THAT WE'RE DOWN TO ONLY 10 READERS, IT'S PRACTICALLY A PRIVATE GROUP - CAN WE FINALLY TALK ABOUT THE "“Guerrilla” glade cutting"? WHERE IS THIS, AND HOW CAN i GET IN ON IT? WHO EXACTLY IS DOING THIS "“Guerrilla” glade cutting"? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE GUERRILLA GLADES FOR 30 YEARS. DAVID GOODMAN WOULDN'T TELL ME WHERE THEY WERE THEN, AND GBA STILL WON'T TELL ME, NOW. I KNOW ROG ISN'T GOING TO POST A MAP OR GPS COORDS, BUT MAYBE A LANDMARK? "TURN LEFT, BETWEEN A CROOKED PINE TREE AND BIG ROCK"... I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THAT GLADE.
              Maybe someone will submit some DATA that could lead us to these “guerrilla” glades haha.

These guys just keep pushing this “backcountry” phenomenon further and further towards resort skiing!!!

http://granitebackcountryalliance.or...-observations/

Comment

Working...
              X