Winter 18' snow predictions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter 18' snow predictions?

Anyone have any thoughts or feelings on what kinda winter we have coming, or lack there of?

On the combined theories that any skiing is better than none and that even poor winters have skiing, we will be able to be grateful for something....

On the other hand, if the Old Farmer's Almanac has it correctly, we wll be joyfully schussing to our heart's content.
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Like it! While mowing the lawn the other day I did notice an abundance of wooly caterpillars brown on both ends black in the middle🤔. That said, seasons, especially for high George are always a big fat WIN. Big winters are great, but big winters bring big hype which brings big crowds. I love the "less than ideal" winters for George environs. Some snow some rain, some cold, some warm, and an ice storm or three. While big snows build a big base, all of those other less than ideal ingredients mixed with average or sub average snows makes for the best most durable late season corn conditions with staying power.

I'd love to see a warmer than average sept/Oct followed by a seasonal November, then a colder and snowier than average December thru the holidays followed by a big mid January thaw (thaws are inevitable so....) with ski season doom and gloom all over the news and social media followed by sleeper nickels and dimes with wind up high but zilch down low followed by a slightly above average spring but not starting till late February followed by a cooler than normal April with above average snow and more cloudy days than sun. Too much to ask for? 🙏 Getting excited!!!🤗

Comment

Well. If we're all going for our fantasy winters, I'd like to put my order in:
        Start w some cold nights to get the ski areas blowing n going. Mix in a 10-12" dump 2 wks before Thanksgiving.
        After Thanksgiving, plan on 8-12" every Sunday or Monday night through March ( with the occasional blizzard mixed in).
        Then, lets finish w one of those 3 big storm Aprils, w George continuing the trend into May!
        Oh, and only have it snow at night, w bluebird western days all around.

But who am I kidding. As long as it's cold n sh!tty, there'll be fun to be had. At least up high. Cheers!

paul
        Remember, it's not life-altering, it's just life.

Comment

Sorry. Apparently I cannot figure out how to post less than 3 times. Rob, is this how you get to 10K, lol?
          Remember, it's not life-altering, it's just life.

Comment

There is going to be one metric ****load of snow all over the world.
            I like to ski naked

Life is a carnival, believe it or not
            Life is a carnival, take another look

Comment

Originally posted by pleblanc View Post
              Sorry. Apparently I cannot figure out how to post less than 3 times. Rob, is this how you get to 10K, lol?
              Nahhh! Got there before this version started playing up.
              Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Originally posted by pleblanc View Post
                Well. If we're all going for our fantasy winters, I'd like to put my order in:
                Start w some cold nights to get the ski areas blowing n going. Mix in a 10-12" dump 2 wks before Thanksgiving.
                After Thanksgiving, plan on 8-12" every Sunday or Monday night through March ( with the occasional blizzard mixed in).
                Then, lets finish w one of those 3 big storm Aprils, w George continuing the trend into May!
                Oh, and only have it snow at night, w bluebird western days all around.

But who am I kidding. As long as it's cold n sh!tty, there'll be fun to be had. At least up high. Cheers!

paul
                Yeah Paul!

That's quite the fantasy. Pretty close to winter 93'/94'. That January we got 9 feet of snow with no thaw in Bethel😳. Cold winter.

But uh, snow only at night with bluebird days? Those just get tracked up way too fast at the resorts. I prefer 1-2 inch per hour all day strorms with moderate winds for fresh untracked refills all day from bell to bell. If yer talking the backcountry then that's a different story because GBA has created 100 acres of new "me too" glades so that we finally have safe, legal, mapped, signed, and boundary'd BC terrain for all of us to enjoy. All 15,000 of us haha!😂

Comment

Working...
                X