Gba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

I think we are not trying to hide GBA but more be a counter to the overly positive self assessment they promote. If you read about them here and check out their site, great. Perhaps you will agree with Rog and the refuseniks or not. Also there's a few GBA folks who post occasionally.... though they avoid this tread.

I feel you missed some of the specifics.

1) their site says (or said) they would be the "GATEKEEPERS" policing the back country for non-sanctioned stashes and reporting said stash, serrioulsy no joke.
    2) they have an undisclosed unilateral process for getting approval to work backcountry terrain. I'd like to have that public so anyone can develop non-GBC affiliated terrain
    3) instead of new things they've gone after some pretty traditional areas that really didn't need the help and now will no longer be as you describe. So rather than make new terrain it's the same old terrain just now with a map.

I like that they've pulled together groups to maintain the CCC trails and are opening up a dialog and maybe a process about other non-CCC areas but that needs to be more open and allow anyone to also do a similar thing.

PS it will be almost 40 again today in north conway, so right now it looks like all this is for not... so I'm going for a run.
    VERY well articulated. You get it. You get what my beefs are and many others who share similar opinions.

Thank you 🙌🏻

Comment

http://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...19127999999995

Hawt rain for the Whites next week. MTB season is here now and gets no bettah.

Comment

GBA glades should be deep by Wednesday. I love how they talk up this doublehead "glade" that they call a glade but I guess isn't really a glade and it takes you down to a new larger parking lot that hasn't even been built yet. Crazy how some Backcountry skiers/quarry dogs would want bigger parking lots for Backcountry ski destinations. It just doesn't make any sense. Bigger parking lots mean more skiers which means more traffic which means much lower quality snow. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post

I think we are not trying to hide GBA but more be a counter to the overly positive self assessment they promote. If you read about them here and check out their site, great. Perhaps you will agree with Rog and the refuseniks or not. Also there's a few GBA folks who post occasionally.... though they avoid this tread.

I feel you missed some of the specifics.

1) their site says (or said) they would be the "GATEKEEPERS" policing the back country for non-sanctioned stashes and reporting said stash, serrioulsy no joke.
          2) they have an undisclosed unilateral process for getting approval to work backcountry terrain. I'd like to have that public so anyone can develop non-GBC affiliated terrain
          3) instead of new things they've gone after some pretty traditional areas that really didn't need the help and now will no longer be as you describe. So rather than make new terrain it's the same old terrain just now with a map.

I like that they've pulled together groups to maintain the CCC trails and are opening up a dialog and maybe a process about other non-CCC areas but that needs to be more open and allow anyone to also do a similar thing.

PS it will be almost 40 again today in north conway, so right now it looks like all this is for not... so I'm going for a run.
          I can see some of this. Has anyone reached out to get the process to be more transparent? I've asked about an an overgrown local NELSAP area that I'd like to take loppers to and all I have to do is put somewhat of a plan together and submit it. There aren't forms and such on the site, but its more welcoming than its being painted on here. The land in questions ownership requires an organization with a $1M insurance policy to do any work, if they will allow it. I think in many instances this can facilitate the conversation the same way NEMBA does, call me naive.

Snow was soft on a few scratchy spots. Ski out was a worthwhile bushwhack, but a lot of hiking. Fingers crossed we get more frozen precip than not out of this next dose.

Comment

Don't ask just do and be discreet about it. Rule of "thumb". Keep it for you and maybe a friend or two. You submit it to the gatekeepers and your potential Eden will have a Porto potty, a freshly graded parking lot, signs, and packs of quarry dogs kumbaya'n it up.

Comment

And uh either way, GBA will find some way to take credit for what you do or don't do. Then pat themselves on the back ad nauseam because of it haha.

Comment

Over an inch of rain coming to elevations below about 5k over the next 36 hours or so. Then 2-3 weeks of "winter" followed by our annual THAW. Mid/Late January will be welcome as always....

Comment

Working...
                X