Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell service coverage in Tuckerman/Mr Washington area.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell service coverage in Tuckerman/Mr Washington area.

Planning a trip up there and I need cell service for work. Please reply with any personal experience with either T-Mobile or Verizon. Thanks for reading my post!

usually there is no coverage. Even wildcat is pretty spotty.

Comment

Verizon is hit or miss from the lowest bridge on the Tuckerman Ravine Trail into the bowl. I had two intermitent bars at the top of Left Gully. LOS to Jackson, NH helps. The Summit is better.
      Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

Why need the need for cell coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post
          Why need the need for cell coverage?

i don't know, maybe to call someone?

Comment

Originally posted by apingaut View Post

i don't know, maybe to call someone?
            That's whack. Save that sh1t for civilization.

Comment

I don't know about y'all, but I am on call, 24/7/365 and that's just server and application related. Some Management, Surgeons and Lawyers are likewise responsible....as are small business owners.

Since they know I might be a few pitches up, they are aware there will be a delay. Just let'em know and they will respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by icelanticskier View Post

That's whack. Save that sh1t for civilization.
                ha those days are long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by apingaut View Post

ha those days are long gone.
                  Unfortunately very unfortunately. Some of us still practice the old ways...

Comment

Originally posted by RR View Post
                    I am on call, 24/7/365 and that's just server and application related
                    ha! Does you mandatory equipment kit include a laptop?! It probably fits nicely next to the shovel!
                    I can relate - I am frequently on call and take my laptop with me, but leave it in the car. Never had to use it, fortunately. I would be mad, if an on-call issue drags me down from the mountain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by concordia2 View Post
                      ha! Does you mandatory equipment kit include a laptop?! It probably fits nicely next to the shovel!
                      I can relate - I am frequently on call and take my laptop with me, but leave it in the car. Never had to use it, fortunately. I would be mad, if an on-call issue drags me down from the mountain!!!
                      Me too...but the laptop goes only on overnights and longer.
                      Our Network manager did get hauled back from family vacation once...he has long since trained up his staff to manage.

Comment

Good god talk about being married to a job. No thanx😳

Comment

Generally speaking - I would say no coverage from the second you pass Wildcat till you get to the summit.

I always seem to get coverage on the summit if I'm on the West Side.

That said - the last time I was up in Tux a couple weeks ago I had full coverage from the bowl all the way up the snowfields... I was amazed.

Comment

This showed up on my news feed.... made me think of this thread.

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...k-hiker-51117/

Comment

Working...
                            X